NRA Range Safety Officer (In) – $150
This is a Class Voucher, Class Schedules are arranged through Cuspis Training Instructors to meet your schedule.
Cuspis offers training to become an NRA Certified Range Safety Officer. If you are not currently an NRA Certified Firearm Instructor, you can take a Cuspis course conducted by our Chief RSO, who is certified to train NRA Range Safety Officers.
The RSO course content consists of
- RSO’s roles and responsibilities
- range standard operating procedures
- range inspection and range rules
- firearm stoppages and malfunctions
- Range Safety Briefings which include procedures to follow in the case of an emergency
RSO’s who have successfully completed the course then have the ability to become a Chief Range Safety Officer, someone essential to training and supervising NRA Range Safety Officers and developing range standard operating procedures. Call or email for details.
Read This Before Class!
Things You Should Know
The address for the Academy is 1210 E State Street, Suite 10 in Sycamore and we are located within the same building as C.O.P.S., Inc., and Line-X (you enter at door next to Line-X). For a map and/or directions click link below:
Once you arrive you will enter the building at the door adjacent to the LineX shop, go down the hall and turn left, walk toward the “High School” sign and we are on the right. Please plan to arrive fifteen minutes before the beginning of class.
BEFORE CLASS – If you will be applying for a Concealed Carry Permit, you may wish to take advantage of the shorter application time (90 days instead of 120) by having your electronic fingerprints taken prior to class. You are welcome to choose your own, but we have the link to a local provider below.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR CLASS
- A pad/binder/notebook for taking notes and a writing instrument
- Your FOID Card
- Your NRA Card (if a member)
- Hearing and Eye Protection (required for range)
- Firearm and Holster (read notice below)
- Ammunition (minimum of 50 rounds caliber specific to your firearm)
- Any documentation supporting claim of Credit Hours (DD214, etc.)
- Your file number for your electronic fingerprints
For the NRA Basic Pistol or the first 8 hours of the 16 hour Illinois Concealed Carry Classes, you will not need your firearm in the classroom, so please leave them secured and out of sight within your vehicle. At NO TIME will live ammunition be allowed in the classroom in the possession of a student.
For the second half of the Concealed Carry Course you may bring your unloaded and cased firearm to the classroom. You will need to have at a minimum 50 rounds of caliber appropriate practice ammunition with you when we go to the range. Again, at NO TIME will students be allowed live ammunition in the classroom.
Meals are not provided by Cuspis Training and there will be no formal dining times, however there will be breaks. You are welcome to bring a sack lunch (weekends) or sack dinner (evenings) with you to class and soft drinks/snacks are available at the convenience store next to C.O.P.S. Pizza Hut, Jimmy John’s and Tom & Jerry’s all deliver to the Academy. Bottled water is provided at no charge.
IL CCW LICENSING COSTS
In addition to the tuition costs for this class, you will need to make these additional investments:
- State Fees ($150 + $3.53 convenience fee) – $153.53
- Electronic Fingerprinting (optional) – about $60
- Suitable head and shoulders photograph (required) – $15
- Processing/Uploading of documentation (optional) – $30
- State Fee – $150
INDIVIDUAL & GROUP INSTRUCTION/TRAINING is available. Please contact a staff member for scheduling and pricing.