Illinois Concealed Carry License Course – 16 Hours (16) – $200
This class includes both eight hour courses described below to provide the 16 hours of instruction required to legally carry a concealed handgun in Illinois. Please read both descriptions and should you have questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Eight hours of instruction may be exempted if the Student/Applicant can provide any of the following documentation:
- NRA Basic Pistol Completion Certificate
- NRA Personal Protection In the Home Completion Certificate
- NRA Personal Protection Outside of the Home Completion Certificate
- Active, Retired or Honorably Discharged member of the US Armed Forces (DD214)
- Previously qualified law enforcement or corrections officer (430 ILCS 66/75 (j))
Illinois Concealed Carry License Course – 8 Hours (08) – $125
Teaches the knowledge necessary to lawfully carry a concealed handgun in Illinois.
Using Illinois State Police approved curriculum this course is 8 hours long and consists of classroom learning and instructor supervised range time to qualify for concealed carry in the state of Illinois. Students will learn about safely storing, transporting and carrying their firearm. Students will experience extensive classroom interaction and discussion on shoot/don’t shoot scenarios and the potential legal ramifications of their actions. Students will upon completion have been presented the knowledge required for complete understanding of the updated Illinois Concealed Carry Law.
This course does require a live fire exercise in which the student must shoot a minimum of 30 rounds, 10 rounds at each distance of five, seven, and ten yards demonstrating 70% or better accuracy.
Class sizes are kept small so that safety may be covered extensively as safety is paramount in all that we do.
Successful completion of this course provides 8 hours credit (Sections 75 (b) & (c)) toward the 16 hour training requirement for application to the Illinois State Police for an Illinois Concealed Carry License. The balance of the 16 hour training requirement (Section 75 (g)) will require proof of successful completion of the NRA Basic Pistol Course or other ISP approved training course, or a DD214 or other ISP approved document attesting to prior military or police training.
Renewal of Illinois Concealed Carry License – 3 Hours (3) – $90
Illinois concealed carry renewal course satisfies the Illinois state requirement to apply for the renewal of your Illinois concealed carry permit. The course covers a review of the legal use of force, updates to the current IL statutes, a refresher on prohibited areas and interaction with law enforcement. A 30 round qualification shoot will take place during the 3 hour renewal course.
NOTE: Only attempt your renewal within 90 days of your concealed carry license expiration date. The ISP website will not allow you to apply for renewal until then. You can take the class anytime. Keep in mind you cannot apply using a tablet or mobile device, you must apply on a desktop per the ISP website.
Also, please ensure your address on file with the Secretary of State is up-to-date because your application address, and Secretary of State addresse MUST match.
COMING SOON – Additional Courses
Basic Pistol Safety/Maintenance Course (In) – $75
An excellent choice for beginners, this class is one-on-one instruction on your firearm. Call or email for details.
NRA Basics Of Pistol Shooting (In) – $125
The NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is intended for all individuals regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation and is available for delivery in two ways.
One option is the traditional, instructor-led course where you will receive direct instruction from an NRA-certified instructor at Cuspis from beginning to end. This takes place in a traditional classroom and range environment. This course may be completed in a single day format, or over several days with smaller blocks of instruction.
The other option has two components:
• a self-study or “eLearning module” which is completed online in your own timeframe
• a hands-on practical portion conducted in a classroom and shooting range with a Cuspis Instructor
This training format provides students the flexibility to complete a significant portion of the course in an eLearning environment, prior to arriving for the classroom and range session with an NRA Certified Instructor at Cuspis.
Course topics include:
• gun safety rules
• proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
• ammunition knowledge and selection
• pistol selection and storage
• shooting fundamentals
• pistol inspection and maintenance
• shooting range safety
Additionally, students will complete live fire training and a nationally standardized shooting qualification while on the range with a Cuspis NRA Certified Instructor. Students will receive the NRA Guide: Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook, take a Basics of Pistol Shooting Student Examination and receive a course completion certificate bearing the signature of the NRA Secretary and your Cuspis NRA Certified Instructor. Call or email for details.
NRA Basic Personal Protection In The Home Course – $175
- This course teaches the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and provides information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense.This course is for• law-abiding adult citizens, as defined by applicable federal, state or local law• experienced shooters (masters of the basic skills of safe gun handling, shooting a group, zeroing , and cleaning the firearm)• This is an eight-hour course.• Students should expect to shoot approximately 100 rounds of ammunition.Students will learn
• basic defensive shooting skills
• strategies for home safety and responding to a violent confrontation
• firearms and the law
• how to choose a handgun for self-defense
• continued opportunities for skill development
- Students will receive:• the NRA Guide to the Basics of Personal Protection In The Home handbook• NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure• the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet
- course completion certificate. Call or email for details.
NRA Range Safety Officer (In) – $150
Cuspis offers training to become an NRA Certified Range Safety Officer. If you are not currently an NRA Certified Firearm Instructor, you can take a Cuspis course conducted by our Chief RSO, who is certified to train NRA Range Safety Officers.
The RSO course content consists of
• RSO’s roles and responsibilities
• range standard operating procedures
• range inspection and range rules
• firearm stoppages and malfunctions
• Range Safety Briefings which include procedures to follow in the case of an emergency
RSO’s who have successfully completed the course then have the ability to become a Chief Range Safety Officer, someone essential to training and supervising NRA Range Safety Officers and developing range standard operating procedures. Call or email for details.
Private Groups / Remote Locations – Call or Email for Price Quote
Just because it isn’t on the list, doesn’t mean it can’t be done. Call: 312-625-6768 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org